First, I taped off my mountains on the walls I wanted to cover.
The original blog I found this idea in recommended creating an image and then projecting it. That's not what I did. I just kind of taped away.
Next, I went through the paint in the basement, and organized the colors from light to dark. All previous renters have left the remains of their paint down there, so I had a lot to choose from.
I painted the lowest section of the wall navy, which is also the color of the dining room.
I painted the next two layers two different shades of beige.
While I was painting, Layla and finley basically stared at me, sniffed the paint, and asked to go on walks.
I painted the highest mountain the light blue of our bathroom ceiling. Then I painted the rest of the wall this weird yellow color that I originally thought was white.
Then! Dan and I took the tape down!
And I have to say, it looks pretty awesome! It makes the room feel so much more complete.