As of today, Friday, December 12, I have 11 more days in the broken foot boot. I am thankful I'm off crutches, but I am so sick of this thing! It's heavy; it makes me walk crooked; and everyone sees the toes of my socks.
I've been working out 5 days a week for the last few years so taking a month and a half off has been difficult. There are a few things I learned while my foot was broken that I didn't know before.
1. You will not immediately gain 10 pounds if you stop working out.
2. You don't have to shower everyday if you don't get sweaty everyday.
3. Those drivable grocery carts make all of the difference!
4. Getting in and out of your car can be really hard.
5. Having cute socks is essential when everyone can see the toe of one.